- SpamScan can either be set up system wide, or it can be set up per user.
- Each user can have his/her own filters and config files to control the behavior of the spamscan tool.
- Currently tested on Sendmail, on both FreeBSD 4.x systems and Solaris systems.
- Works well even with Amavis and other virus scanners.
- Uses a points system, with every key word or phrase having a positive or negative value. When a max point
valus is reached, the e-mail is labeled spam
- Optionally strips all html from an e-mail before scanning
Features in the working:
- Trainable smart word/phrase filter database (we train it)
- Auto-training ability (it trains itself)
- E-mail based administration (rather than logging into the mail server to make changes)